St David`s Church Presbyterian Church Honour RollPrint Page
St David's Presbyterian Church, Uralla, has now followed these definitely expresses feelings in installing a beautiful marble tablet upon which is engraved the names, and a large panel containing the photographs, of its fifty-one members who heard the call and fought the good fight. The service of unveiling and dedicating these appropriate emblems of a faith enriched by blood and bravery was held on Sunday last, the officiating minister being Captain-Chaplain R. Scott-West of Burwood. The ceremony, which was rendered the more impressive by the singing of special hymns and psalms, was conducted in the presence of a very large congregation.
Excerpt from Uralla Times and District Advocate (NSW),
20 March 1920.
Note: The roll was photographed at the former Uralla Military Museum which is now closed. Memorabilia from the museum was auctioned in 2013. The whereabouts of the roll is unknown.
|Address:||119 Bridge Street, Uralla Military Museum (now closed) , Uralla, 2358|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.648858|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Hardy, Narrabri, NSW|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 14th March, 1920|
ST DAVID`S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Parish of Uralla.
For God, For King, For Country
Blessed Are The Peace Makers.
They Will Be Ranked As Sons Of God. Matt 5