Woody Point Memorial HallPrint Page
The hall was erected to commemorate the soldiers of Humpybong who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
The Governor and visitors subsequently repaired to the new School of Arts, which has been built by public subscription as a memorial to the fallen soldiers of Humpybong. His Excellency was greeted on behalf of the committee by Messrs F. W. Whitehouse (president) and J.H.Cox(hon. secretary).
Before proceeding with the ceremony he conversed for several minutes with each of a number of returned soldiers who were drawn up in line near the entrance. His Excellency then opened the door with a silver key which had been handed to him and upon entering unveiled the handsome roll of honour which is a feature of the building.
The Brisbane Courier, 6th March 1922.
|Address:||Oxley Avenue & Hornibrook Esplanade , Woody Point, 4019|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.260405|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 4th March, 1922|
MEMORIAL SCHOOL OF ARTS