St. Paul`s Anglican Church LychgatePrint Page
A lychgate commemorates those from the church who ldied in service or were killed in action in World War One.
The Bishop of Adelaide (Rt. Rev. Dr. A. Nutter Thomas) dedicated the Soldiers' Memorial Lych-gate at St. Paul's Church of England at Naracoorte on Sunday, March 26. Members of the 3rd Light Horse Regiment from the military camp and towns Guides, and returned soldiers, attended.
Music for the hymns was provided by the Naracoorte band. The lych-gate, which was designed by Mr. E. Phillips Dancker, of Adelaide, was made by Mr. A. Owen. It is constructed of jarrah, and inside, on a neat brass plate, is an inscription and the names of church members who died in the Great War.
Chronicle (Adelaide), 6th April 1939.
|Address:||Laurie Crescent, Naracoorte, 5271|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.956911|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr. E. Phillips Dancker (Adelaide)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Mr A Owen|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 26th March, 1939|
St Pauls Church of England
This Lych-Gate was erected to the greater glory of God and in memory of those from this church who gave their lives in the Great War 1914-18. [ Names ]
Erected 1927 (sic) Lest we forget.