Geranium Institute Memorial Cairn Print Page
Geranium Institute Memorial Cairn contains the original foundation stone of the Institute which was dedicated in memory of the fallen of World War One. The Institute was demolished by Southern Mallee District Council in 2006 and a plaque bearing a brief history of the hall is placed alongside the cairn.
The former Institute contained two handcrafted honour rolls honouring those who served in both World Wars--the location of these is unknown.
|Address:||Railway Terrace, Geranium, 5301|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.381988|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2012|
IN MEMORY OF
OUR FALLEN HEROES
THIS STONE WAS LAID
F. NORTON, ESQ.,
MAY 20TH 1922