Maddingley Park Memorial GatesPrint Page
The Maddingley Park gates were originally located on the north east corner of Orrong and Balaclava Roads as gates to the grounds of a Caulfield mansion. When the grounds of the mansion were subdivided, the gates were acquired by the local branch of the Australian Natives Association and re-erected in February 1922 as a First World War memorial.
|Address:||Taverner Street, Maddingley Park, Bacchus Marsh, 3340|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.684417|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||January, 1922|
THESE GATES WERE PRESENTED TO MADDINGLEY PARK BY BACCHUS MARSH BRANCH A.N.A. AS A MEMORIAL TO THE FALLEN SOLDIERS OF THE DISTRICT FEBRUARY 1922