Singleton Circuit Roll of Honour (Methodist Church)Print Page
The Roll of Honour commemorates those from the Singleton Circuit of the Methodist Church who served in World War One.
The Singleton Circuit honour roll containing the names of 27 young men, was unveiled in a special service held on Sunday last. The congregation was the largest ever seen in the church, overtaxing seating accommodation. Almost all the public men of the town and district were present. The service was greatly enriched by a large efficient choir controlled by Mr. G. C. Gould. The "Te Deum" and the "Hallelujah Chorus" were rendered in effective manner. At the request of the church trustees, Mrs J. M. Gates, of Dunolly, unveiled the roll of honour. Mr. and Mrs. Gates have two sons, a son-in-law, together with some 20 relatives at the front. The honour roll was prepared by Mr. H. J. Bartrop, and is a very handsome creation in shield shaped marble. The services included many elements of worth, and excited much favourable comment. Additional names are to be added to the circuit.
Methodist (Sydney, NSW), 14 October 1916.
|Address:||7-9 Elizabeth Street, Singleton Presbyterian Church, Singleton, 2330|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.562604|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr. H.J. Bartrop|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 8th October, 1916|