St. Andrew`s Presbyterian Church War Memorial (Pipe Organ) Print Page
The St Andrew`s Presbyterian Church pipe organ commemorates those from the congreagation who served in World War One.
The new pipe organ, which arrived in Murwillumbah, for St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, was dedicated on Sunday morning last in the presence qf a large congregation. The organ, which is the first pipe organ installed in the Tweed capital, is a memorial to the soldiers who were members of the congregation. It is a splendid instrument, and was built by Roberts, Ltd., Adelaide, at a cost of £750. An inscription on the organ proclaims that the instrument had been "erected to the glory of God and in memory of the young men who went forth from the congregation to serve in the great war, 1914 1918." A special offertory was taken up to enable the instrument to be installed free of debt. The sum of £91 7s was received at the morning service and the evening's collection. The object was more than attained, there being sufficient in hand to pay for the structural alterations to the building. The instrument was draped with the Union Jack and the Australian flag. The unveiling ceremony was performed by Mrs. W. Wardrop.
Northern Star (Lismore, NSW), 17 June 1924.
|Address:||Wollumbin Street, St. Andrew`s Presbyterian Church, Murwillumbah, 2484|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.327896|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 15th June, 1924|
To the Glory of God
In Memory Of
Those Who Served Tn The Great War
1914 - 1918