www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Adamstown R.S.L. Memorial HallPrint Page Print this page

Memorial Hall : 07-September-2014
Memorial Hall : 07-September-2014

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The former Adamstown R.S.L. Memorial Hall was built by the returned servcieman's association for veterans of the First World War and opened in 1942. 

The foundation stones of the Memorial Hall were laid in 1928; the building itself was constructed in 1942. The building was sold in 2004 and converted into a veterinary surgery, which opened in 2007. The site is now under a proposal for redevelopment.

 

Location

Address:278 Brunker Road, next to RSL Club, Adamstown, 2289
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.935585
Long: 151.725449
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 25th August, 1928
Front Inscription
             1942
      ADAMSTOWN
R.S.L. MEMORIAL HALL
 
Left Side Inscription
THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
MAJOR H.J.CONNELL M.C., M.L.A.
25th AUGUST 1928.
G.RITCHIE       G.SAUNDERS.
PRESIDENT     HON. SECRETARY
R. FRASER, CONTRACTOR
Right Side Inscription
THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
W.BROWN ESQ. TOWN CLERK 
25th AUGUST 1928.
G.RITCHIE       G.SAUNDERS.
PRESIDENT     HON. SECRETARY
R. FRASER, CONTRACTOR
Source: SKP, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design