First World War Memorial Wall Print Page
The First World War Memorial Wall commemorates those who served in World War One.
Funding was received through the Anzac Centenary Grants Program.
|Address:||55 Kitchener Street, Trafalgar - Thorpdale R.S.L. Hall, Trafalgar, 3824|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.209756|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2013|
Lest We Forget
In 1919, a Trafalgar branch of the Returned Sailors and Soldiers Imperial League of Australia (RSSILA) was formed.
In 1922, the new memorial hall was opened by the Governor General, Lord Forster.
The Trafalgar R.S.L. sub-branch served Trafalgar for 71 years, and in 1993, this sub-branch went into recess.
In 2007, the Trafalgar and Thorpdale R.S.L. sub-branches amalgamated.
In 2013, this memorial wall was erected for past serving members of Trafalgar and the surrounding districts, as a lasting memory to all military personnel who served their country.