Scott Creek Soldier`s Memorial Hall Print Page
The Scott Creek Soldier`s Memorial Hall was originally erected to commemorate those from the district who served in World War One.
Shortly after World War One ended, the local residents felt that the patriotism and valour of the Australian Imperial Force would best be commemorated with the building of a memorial hall. A piece of land was given by Captain John Hill for the erection of the hall. It was opened in in 1921 by Herbert Hudd MP. an officer of the 43rd Battalion AIF who had been awarded the Military Cross. A 'Back to Scott `s Creek' event was held on the oval in 1929 to repay the loan to build the hall and discharge the mortgage.
Over the years additions were added to the hall and in 1990 the size of the hall was almost doubled by the addition of a timber-framed, galvanised iron-clad extension with a concrete floor. A stained galss window was added to the hall in 2015.
|Address:||Scott Creek Road, Scott Creek , 5153|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.056442|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1921|