Vietnam Memorial PavilionPrint Page
The Vietnam Memorial Pavilion commemorates those who died or were killed in the Vietnam War.
The building was built in 1899 and was formerly the Anglican Mortuary chapel at Karrakatta Cemetery. The pavilion was dismantled and relocated to King`s Park in October 1988. On the rear wall engraved on black marble are the names of 61 West Australian servicemen who lost their lives in the Vietnam War. The memorial is protected by iron gates, originally used at the entrance of the Western Australian Museum.
Outside the building is a full size bronze statue depicting two soldiers, one from the Australian army and the other from the South Vietnamese army.
|Address:||May Drive, Synergy Parkland, Kings Park , 6005|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.965318|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-August-1962|
|Actual Event End Date:||11-January-1973|
|Monument Designer:||Khoat Van Nguyen (statue)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th December, 2002|
Vietnam Memorial Pavilion
Vietnam 1962 - 1973
Roll of Honour
[ Names ]
Cong Dong Nguoi Viet Tu Do Tay Uc
Vietnamese Community in Western Australia
Dedicated by the Hon Dr Geoff Gallop MLA
Premier of Western Australia 7 December 2002
Hoi Cuu Quan Nhan Qlvnch Tay Uc
The Republic of Vietnam Veterans` Association of W.A.
Sculptor : Mr Khoat Van Nguyen