St Barnabas Church (War Memorial)Print Page
St Barnabas Church was rebuilt as a war memorial in memory of those who served in both World Wars. The foundation stone of the church was laid in 1960 and the church was consecrated on the 11th June 1969.
At a representative meeting of parishioners of St. Barnabas' Church of England, Rev. P. F. Tilghman presiding, it was unanimously decided to rebuild St. Barnabas' as a war memorial church. The building will be of red brick, with tile roof, and the dimensions of the church proper will be 74 feet by 30 feet. Plans are being finalised, and estimates will be obtained. Mr. P.L Christian and Mrs. Brook have been appointed collectors in chief, while Mr Newcomen has been appointed treasurer of the new building fund.
Daily Examiner (Grafton, NSW), 8 June 1945.
|Address:||Bowra Street, St Barnabas Anglican Church, Urunga, 2455|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.495777|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 30th April, 1960|
Sanctuary And Hall
Of This Church Were
Bishop Of Grafton
21, June 1981
The Rev'd Fr. Eric Griffith.
This Stone Was Set By The
Rt. Rev. Robert Gordon Arthur
Sixth Lord Bishop Of Grafton
To Mark The Consecration
Of This Church
Of St. Barnabas The Apostle
On The Eleventh Of June, A.D. 1969
Rector : The Rev. Sidney Welch.
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
And In Memory Of Those Who
Served In Two World Wars
This Stone Was Set By
The RT. Rev. K. J. CLEMENTS
Bishop of Grafton
30th April 1960
R. J Board & Son Rev. A J Gerlach