Earlwood - Bardwell Park RSL War MemorialPrint Page
Earlwood - Bardwell Park RSL War Memorial commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved and is dedicated to the memory of departed comrades. The memorial replaces the original memorial garden which was dedicated in 1968 and demolished in 2001.
Monument characteristics :
Monument consists of a black obelisk and behind it a wall with plaques on it.
|Address:||Hartill-Law Avenue, Bardwell Park, 2207|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.931039|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 11th November, 2001|
LEST WE FORGET
The Act Of Dedication
Rev. K. Baker Church of England
Rev. Fr. T. Murphy. Catholic Church
Brig. P. Stockall. Salvation Army
3rd March 1968.
[ Names ]
Earlwood - Bardwell Park
Returned Services League
This Memorial Garden was originally
dedicated on the 3rd day of March 1968
The Memorial Garden was opened to the
memory of departed comrades of the
Earlwood - Bardwell Park RSL Sub-Branch
on the 11th day of November 2001
by the President of the Sub-Branch Mr W. D. Thompson
The original Memorial Garden was
demolished by the S.R.A, in 2001
during the course of a major
reconstruction of the adjacent
East Hills railway line.
The prayers of dedication were offered
by the Sub-Branch Chaplain
Mr Cliff Poulton
This Memorial Garden
Is Dedicated To The Memory Of Departed Comrades
Of World War 1, 1914 - 1918, World War 2, 1939 - 1945,
Korea, Malaya And Vietnam.
Officially Opened By Sir William Yeo, C.B.E.
3rd March 1968.