75 Squadron Memorial Garden & Honour RollPrint Page
Memorial Garden & Honour Roll dedicated to members of 75 Squadron RAAF.
No. 75 Squadron is a Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) fighter unit based at RAAF Base Tindal in the Northern Territory. The squadron was formed in 1942 and saw extensive action in the South West Pacific theatre of World War II, operating P-40 Kittyhawks. It was disbanded in 1948, but reformed the following year and operated jet aircraft throughout the Cold War. The squadron was based at Malta from 1952 to 1954, flying de Havilland Vampires, and Malaysia from 1968 to 1983, with Dassault Mirage IIIs, before returning to Australia.
The squadron was re-equipped with F/A-18 Hornet fighters and moved to RAAF Base Tindal in 1988. It was placed on alert to support the Australian-led INTERFET peacekeeping deployment to East Timor in 1999 and saw combat in 2003 as part of the Australian contribution to the invasion of Iraq.
|Address:||Carson Drive, RAAF Base Tindal, Tindal, 0853|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -14.514722|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.