www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Trundle War Memorial School of ArtsPrint Page Print this page

Trundle War Memorial School of Arts : 24-April-2011
Trundle War Memorial School of Arts : 24-April-2011

Photographs supplied by Glen Yeomans / Ian Leonard, Secretary, Trundle RSL

The Trundle War Memorial School of Arts was erected to commemate those who served in World War One. 

In 1924 Mr. E. L. Jones donated block of land in Forbes Street, F.H. Sect. 8, Part 10-11, with an 80ft. frontage. At a meeting held on 15th November, 1924, H. Cameron moved, J. Henson seconded a motion which was carried, reading as follows: "That a War Memorial School of Arts and Hall be built on the new site". The title was changed in May 1925 to Trundle War Memorial School of Arts.

The Foundation Stone of the new Hall was laid by Major General Sir Charles Rosenthal, K.C.D., C.M.G., D.S.O.V.D., on 4th June 1926. The building was completed in February, 1927, and officially opened in the afternoon on 15th March, 1927, by Mr. E. L. Jones. The Soldiers' Room, which had been incorporated in the original plans, was opened at a Dinner Rally on the 23rd March 1927. 

 

Location

Address:54 Forbes Street , Trundle, 2875
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.921722
Long: 147.709611
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Monument Designer:Mr. J.B. MacDonald (Architect)
Monument Manufacturer:Edward Beale (Builder)

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 4th June, 1926
Front Inscription

TRUNDLE WAR MEMORIAL
     SCHOOL OF ARTS

Right Side Inscription

 [Names]

This Stone Was Laid By
Maj. Gen. Sir CHARLES ROSENTHAL
K.C.B, C.M.G, D.S.O, V.D.
June 4th 1926.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design