Kempsey-Macleay RSL Memorial HallPrint Page
The Memorial Hall is dedicated in memory of those who served in conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
The Memorial Hall is situated in front of the R.S.L. Club. The original building was established in 1933. The new building, established in 1993, was dedicated by Rev Roger Bush on the 1st of April 1993.
|Address:||1 York Lane, Kempsey, 2440|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.080278|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||01-April-1993|
THIS STONE WAS SET BY HIS EXCELLENCY
SIR PHILIP WOOLCOTT GAME
G.B.E., K.C.B., D.S.O.
DEC 8TH 1933
DEDICATING THIS HALL TO THE LASTING MEMORY
OF SACRIFICES MADE IN THE WORLD WAR
1914 - 1918
(left side of building)
R & S L MEMORIAL HALL
THIS MEMORIAL HALL
WAS ERECTED BY THE RETURNED SAILORS
& SOLDIERS IMPERIAL LEAGUE
WITH FUNDS DONATED BY CITIZENS OF THIS DISTRICT
8th Dec. 1933
THIS MEMORIAL BUILDING
WAS OPENED BY
NORTHERN COUNTRY VICE PRESIDENT
N.S.W. BRANCH R. & S.L. OF AUSTRALIA
20 FEBRUARY 1993.