Woodford Memorial HallPrint Page
Woodford Memorial Hall is dedicated to those who served Australia in times of war .
In June 1924, Woodford's first 'Memorial Hall' was built and later renamed the 'Diggers Memorial Hall'. Hurricane lights were used to illuminate the facility as the township did not have electricity until well into the 1930s. In 1986 a new Memorial Community Centre was erected and dedicated to those who served in all wars and conflicts.
|Address:||109 Archer Street (D`Aguilar Highway) , Woodford, 4514|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.954543|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Paul Wallace (architect)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Lockhart Constructions (builder)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 1st November, 1986|
WOODFORD MEMORIAL HALL
WOODFORD MEMORIAL COMMUNITY CENTRE
OPENED BY COUNCILLOR A.BARR. ESQ CHAIRMAN OF THE CABOOLTURE SHIRE OUNCIL ON THE 1ST NOVEMBER 1986
AND DEDICATED AS A MEMORIAL TO THOSE WHO SERVED AUSTRALIA IN TIMES OF WAR.