Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force & Women`s Royal Australian Air ForcePrint Page
A plaque commemorates those who served in the Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (WAAAF) and the Women's Royal Australian Air Force (WRAAF).
The WAAAF was formed in March 1941 after considerable lobbying by women keen to serve and by the Chief of the Air Staff who wanted to release male personnel serving in Australia for service overseas. The WAAAF was the first and largest of the World War Two Australian Women's Services. It was disbanded in December 1947.
The Women's Royal Australian Air Force (WRAAF) was formed in 1950, after the success of women serving in the Air Forces had been demonstrated by the Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (WAAAF)
|Address:||Margaret Street, Mothers Memorial Gardens, Boer War Gates, East Toowoomba, 4350|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.561944|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 13th November, 1988|
DEDICATED TO THE WOMEN
WHO SERVED THEIR COUNTRY AS
MEMBERS OF THE WAAAF AND WRAAF
IN TIMES OF WAR AND PEACE
QUEENSLAND EX WAAAF AND WRAAF
13 NOVEMBER 1988