Kandanga War Memorial Print Page
Kandanga War Memorial was originally erected by the residents of the district who gave their lives in the Great War 1914-1918. The names who paid the supreme sacrifice in World War Two were added at a later date.
The unveiling of the memorial took place on the 11th November 1920 on the second anniversary of Armistice Day. The unveiling ceremony was performed by Mr H.F. Walker M.L.A. The top of the monument contains a figure of a soldier with reversed arms on a stone pedestal with four marble panels bearing the inscription and the names of the soldiers who paid the supreme sacrifice.
The Brisbane Courier, 16th November 1920.
|Address:||Margaret & Main Streets, Kandanga, 4570|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.387714|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||A. L. Petrie & Sons (Toowong, QLD)|