Gracemere War MemorialPrint Page
Gracemere War Memorial was originally erected in honour of the men from Gracemere and district who enlisted in World War One. Later conflict panels and tiles were added to recognise the service of all Australians, especially from the Gracemere District who served in the Armed Forces Post-1945.
The Gracemere War Memorial was unveiled by Mrs Viney on the 6th March 1920 in front of a large crowd. The marble memorial has the names of 36 soldiers inscribed on three sides while the names of 10 soldiers who paid the supreme sacrifice are enclosed in a wreath on the front of the memorial.
Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton), 9th March 1920.
|Address:||James Street, RSL Grounds, Gracemere, 4702|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -23.435059|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||F. M. Allan (Rockhampton, QLD)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 6th March, 1920|
LEST WE FORGET
ERECTED BY THE PEOPLE OF
GRACEMERE AND DISTRICT IN
MEMORY OF THE MEN WHO
ENLISTED IN THE GREAT WAR