Legion Memorial Club PlaquePrint Page
Plaque commemorates 50 years of service by the Legion Memorial Club which is open to all service personnel and commemorates all who served.
At the end of World War Two, the Ex-Servicemen's organised strength was divided between the RSL and the Legion of Ex-Servicemen and Women. RSL Members decided by national ballot that membership should be restricted to those who had served overseas. Legion membership was open to all Ex-Service personnel regardless of their place of service.
|Address:||Church Street, Legion Memorial Club, Fortitude Valley, 4006|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.453635|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1945|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1995|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 13th August, 1995|
This plaque was unveiled by
MR ARCH BEVIS MP
Federal Member for Brisbane
13th August 1995
FOR ALL WHO SERVE
SERVING ALL EX - SERVICES PERSONNEL
MEN AND WOMEN FOR 50 YEARS
President Peter Taylor
Secretary : Pat Lewis