Chinchilla War MemorialPrint Page
Chinchilla War Memorial commemorates those from the Shire of Chinchilla who have served in conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
Chinchilla War Memorial was originally erected in memory of those who served in World War One. The original war memorial was unveiled by the Governor of Queensland on the 30th January 1919. The original 'digger' memorial stood near the railway overpass from 1919 to 1977. The memorial was removed, restored and resited in Fuller Place.
The base of the new restored memorial is made of the original stone and the marble panels from the 1919 memorial have been re-used on this memorial. An aluminium spire replaces the original digger statue. The new restored memorial and a commemorative plaque in honour of the men and women of the Shire of Chinchilla who have served in the armed forces were unveiled and rededicated on the 17th March 1979.
The digger was removed, restored and relocated to the RSL further along Heeney Street.
|Address:||Fuller Place , Heeney Street, Chinchilla, 4413|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.740613|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 17th March, 1979|