Buderim War Memorial GatePrint Page
The Memorial Park Gate commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
The original Memorial Gates were unveiled on the 27th June 1953. They were designed by Sybel Whittle. The wooden gates, made of white beech, lasted 30 years and were replaced by a metal structure which was funded by community contributions.
The Hon. J. Francis, M.H.R. (Minister for the Army) officially opened the equine sports carnival organised and held on Saturday last by the Buderim War Memorial Community Centre. The Minister opened the memorial park gates and unveiled a plaque set in the pillars supporting the gates, bearing the motto of the B.W.M.C.C. — "We will remember them."
Nambour Chronicle and North Coast Advertiser (Qld), 3 July 1953.
|Address:||42 Main Street, Buderim, 4556|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.685334|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Sybel Whittle|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 27th June, 1953|
Buderim War Memorial Gate
We will remember them