Augathella Memorial HallPrint Page
The Augathella Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those from the district who paid the supreme sacrifice and a tribute to those who served and returned in both World Wars.
In 1946 the people of Augathella and district in order to show their sincere gratitude to the members of the fighting forces for their self-sacrifing efforts proposed to build a memorial hall at a cost of approximately £4500. The Memorial Hall was officially opened on the 17th May 1947 by Councillor C.A.Little with a grand ball preceded by a race meeting in the afternoon.
The Charleville Times , 9th, 23rd & 30th May
|Address:||Main Street, Augathella, 4477|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -25.795157|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 17th May, 1947|