Northampton War MemorialPrint Page
The Northampton War Memorial was originally erected to commemorate those from the district who enlisted and those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One. It now also commemorates those who died in service or were killed in action in World War Two and the Vietnam War.
The Northampton War Memorial was formally dedicated in 1934 by the Reverend C. G.Tiller , Reverend of Northampton and unveiled by Senator H.B. Collett ( Past President of The Returned Soldiers League in Western Australia). After the unveiling the hymn, "Lead Kindly Light " was sung.
Geraldton Guardian and Express (WA), 31st May 1934
|Address:||Hampton Road & Essex Street, Northampton, 6535|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.347816|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 27th May, 1934|
THE GREAT WAR
1914 - 1919
Land Of Our Birth, Our Faith, Our Pride
For Whose Dear Sake, Our Fathers Died
O Motherland We Pledge To Thee Head, Heart And Hand,
Through The Years To Be
ERECTED BY THE RESIDENTS OF THE NORTHAMPTON DISTRICT
1939 -1945 WAR