Narembeen War MemorialPrint Page
Narembeen War Memorial commemorates 28 fallen of both World Wars.
The Narembeen War Memorial was erected through the proceeds of the sale of crops on 100 acres of land leased from the Road Board by the Narembeen Sub-Branch of the Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen Fathers' Association of Australia. The granite obelisk was erected carrying a book of remembrance containing the names of residents who paid the supreme sacrfifice. The memorial was unveiled on the 1st May 1949 by the President of the Sub-Branch, Mr. G.H.Smith with an inspiring address given by the member for the district Mr.C.Perkins M.L.A.
The West Australian, 4th May 1949.
|Address:||Latham Road & Longhurst Street, Memorial Park, Narembeen, 6369|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.066736|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 1st May, 1949|
TO THE MEMORY OF THE FALLEN
Lest We Forget