Kirup War MemorialPrint Page
Kirup War Memorial was originally built to honour those residents of the town and surrounds who served in World War One. The names of those who served in World War Two were added to the memorial at a later date.
On 11 July 1920 , Mr A. A. Wilson, M.L.A., unveiled the local roll of honour in the form of a beautifully proportioned obelisk in brick and marble in front of a crowd of about 200 people.
Western Mail, 22 July 1920.
|Address:||South West Highway, Kirup RSL Park , Kirup, 6251|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.707708|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 11th July, 1920|
Lest We Forget.
The Gallant Boys
Who Gave Their Service
For KING and EMPIRE
In The GREAT WAR
1914 - 1919.
To Commemorate The Heroes of Kirup District.
LEST WE FORGET
BY THE CITIZENS OF KIRUP TO THOSE
WHO SERVED IN THE SECOND WORLD WAR