Memorial Church of Saint Martin in the FieldsPrint Page
The Memorial Church of Saint Martin in the Fields commemorates service personnel of all denominations in the district who served in World Wars One and Two, and the Korean War.
The foundation stone was laid by the Governor Sir Charles Gairdner in 1953 and the church was consecrated on the 21st May 1954. The names of the fallen soldiers from the district are contained in the church.
|Address:||Vista & Dyson Streets, Kensington, 6151|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.980833|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 14th November, 1953|
The Memorial Church Of Saint Martin In The Fields
This Church Was Erected To The Glory Of God
And As A Memorial To Those Men And Women Of This District
Who Served And Died In The Service Of Their Country
1914 - 1918, 1939 - 45, 1950 - 53
This Stone Was Laid By
His Excellency The Governor Of Western Australia
Lieut-General Sir Charles Gairdner K.C.M.G., C.B., C.B.E.
In The Presence Of The Archdeacon Of Perth,
The Rector, The Churchwardens And Many Of The Populace
Saturday 14th November 1953.
This Being The Coronation Year
Of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.