Geraldton War MemorialPrint Page
The Geraldton War Memorial was originally erected to the memory of those who died in the Great War. The memorial now commemorates subsequent wars and conflicts.
The official unveiling of the War Memorial and opening of Birdwood House were carried out on the 1 September 1935, by His Excellency Lieutenant-Governor, Sir James Mitchell and Mr A. Yeates, State President of the RSL, respectively.
The West Australian (Perth), 3rd September 1935.
|Address:||Chapman Road & Forrest Street, Geraldton, 6530|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.771447|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 1st September, 1935|
Lest We Forget
To the memory of those who died in THE GREAT WAR 1914 - 1918
'Age shall not weary them, Nor the years condemn .
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them '
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Dedicated to those who died in the cause of freedom in
WORLD WAR II 1939 - 1945
" Lest we Forget "
1948 - 1960
1962 - 1966
1962 - 1972