Coolup War MemorialPrint Page
Coolup War Memorial is a simple Celtic cross on a square base, on which are inscribed the names of the fallen from World War One. An additional name was added after the end of World War Two. A Celtic cross memorial was considered to embody strength, simplicity and ruggedness, the same characteristics that were ascribed to Australian soldiers.
The Coolup War Memorial was unveiled in 1924 by the Archbishop of Perth and Sir General Talbot Hobbs.
|Address:||Murray Street, Coolup, 6214|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.739072|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 8th March, 1924|
Their deeds will ne'er forgotten be
Their names will be remembered