Carnarvon War MemorialPrint Page
Carnarvon War Memorial commemorates Australian servicemen and women who have served in all wars and conflicts. The memorial was originally erected in memory of the soldiers of the Gascoyne who had served in World War One.
The unveiling ceremony of the memorial erected to the soldiers of the Gascoyne district, took place at Carnarvon on Sunday, November 11th, the anniversary of Armistice Day. The monument which is of handsome design, is of Donnybrook freestone, and standing at the intersection of the main streets, occupies a conspicuous and commanding position. There was a very large gathering at the ceremony, and the monument was unveiled by Mrs. C. D. V. Foss.
Geraldton Guardian , 15th November 1923.
|Address:||Francis & Stuart Streets, Carnarvon, 6701|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -24.884227|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Mr Eales ( Architect Eales & Cohen)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Messrs C.R.Wilson & Co (Perth) metalwork|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 11th November, 1923|
OUR HEROIC DEAD
ERECTED IN HONOUR OF OUR
SOLDIERS WHO SERVED THE
EMPIRE IN THE GREAT WAR