Seven Hills & Penwortham District War MemorialPrint Page
The Seven Hills & Penwortham District War Memorial commemorates those from the district who served in World War One and World War Two. The memorial was originally erected to commemorate those who served in World War One with a memorial stone placed in front of the obelisk in 1953 commemorating those who served in World War Two. The memorial was restored in November 2002. The locality was called Seven Hills before being changed to Sevenhill.
The Memorial erected by Ihe residents of Sevenhills and Penwortham districts was unveiled by the Premier (the Hon.H.N Barwell) on Saturday afternoon last in the presence of a large attendance. The memorial stands on the side of the Main road near the Madonna Hall, and is an excellent piece of workmanship, in all respects suitable to the purpose for which it was erected, and a credit to the district. On the side of the monument facing the road are the names of the soldiers from the Sevenhills and Penwortham districts who made the great sacrifice to the number of 21, and on the sides facing north and south are the names of those who returned.
Northern Argus (Clare, SA), 30 September 1921.
There appeared in the columns of this paper that it was the intention to have the unveiling of the 'Memorial' at Sevenhill on Saturday, January 3rd. 1953, but since the committee of the above have found it necessary to postpone the event till Monday, January 26th "Foundation" Day at 3 p.m. will be unveiled by Mr. P. H. Quirke, M.P.
Northern Argus (Clare, SA), 3 December 1952.
|Address:||Main North Road , Sevenhill , 5453|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.889406|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||W Darby & Son (Adelaide)|
Erected in Honor
of those who enlisted from
Seven Hills & Penwortham District
In the Great War 1914 - 1919
Fallen [ Names ]
Erected in Honor of those who enlisted from
Sevenhills & Penwortham District
In World War 2.
Fallen [ Names ]
Returned [ Names]
Returned [ Names ]