Burnside District Fallen Soldiers` MemorialPrint Page
The Burnside District Fallen Soldiers` Memorial was originally erected to commemorate those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
A plaque was added to the memorial at a later date to commemorate those who died in service or were killed in action in World War Two, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
The bronze statue by the Australian sculptor C. Web Gilbert, to commemorate the fallen soldiers of the Burnside district, has arrived, and the work of erecting the granite pedestal to carry it has been begun. The statue is to stand on site of the war gun in the Soldiers' Memorial Gardens, Rose Park, near the intersection of Alexandra Avenue and Prescott Terrace. Panels on four sides of the granite base will contain the names of 87 fallen soldiers. The. Governor (Sir Tom Bridges) has consented to perform the unveiling ceremony on Sunday afternoon, December 14.
The Register (Adelaide), 15th November 1924.
|Address:||Prescott Terrace & Alexandra Avenue, Rose Park, 5067|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.930729|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Charles Web Gilbert|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 14th December, 1924|