Reynella Memorial HallPrint Page
Reynella Memorial Hall commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved. The foundation stone was laid in 1953 and the hall was offically opened in December 1954.
The Premier (Mr. Playford) officially opened a new £7,000 Reynella Memorial Hall on Saturday. Mr. Playford told the 500 people who watched the opening that one of Australia's big problems was to provide amenities in country centres to stop the drift to the cities. Mrs. M. M. Reynell, who gave the land on which the hall is built handed Mr. Playford the key to open the hall at 3 p.m.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 20 December 1954.
|Address:||Old South & Reynell Roads, Reynella, 5161|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.093602|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 22nd August, 1953|
THIS STONE WAS LAID
J.G. WOOLCOCK ESQ. J.P.
22ND AUG. 1953