Langhorne Creek War MemorialPrint Page
The Langhorne Creek War Memorial commemorates those from the district who served in World War One and World War Two.
On Sunday next at 3 p.m., the ceremony of unveiling the Memorial Stone and Roll of Honor at the Langhorne's Creek Soldiers' Memorial Hall and Garden will be performed. The dedication will be by Chaplain A. E. Giles, of Murray Bridge, while the unveiling ceremony will be by Mr. W. L. von Doussa (State Councillor of the R.S.L). Mrs. A. B. Potts, who is the secretary of this function, asks us to extend a cordial invitation to the people of the district to be present on this occasion, which has been arranged as a recognition of the services rendered by men and women of the district.
Southern Argus (Port Elliot, SA), 31 July 1947.
|Address:||Strathalbyn-Langhorne Road, Langhorne Creek Memorial Hall, Langhorne Creek, 5255|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.296121|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 3rd August, 1947|