Strath Creek War MemorialPrint Page
The Strath Creek War Memorial is a granite obelisk memorial, commemorating the First World War, with a later engraving to the Second World War on the side. The memorial was originally erected to commemorate those from the district who lost their lives in World War One.
A public meeting was convened at the Strath Creek Public Hall in February 1918 to consider designs for a monument to be erected in memory of fallen soldiers from the district. At the meeting it was decided to open a subscription list with the object of raising sufficient money to erect the monument.
Yea Chronicle, 28th February 1918.
|Address:||Strath Creek Road, Tennis Courts, Strath Creek, 3658|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.237572|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
GREAT EUROPEAN WAR
1914 TO 1918
Erected as a Tribute
TO THE MEMORY OF
OUR BRAVE MEN
WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
FOR THE HONOR OF AUSTRALIA
AND THE CAUSE OF LIBERTY
Lest We Forget