Seymour District Memorial HospitalPrint Page
Seymour District Memorial Hospital was erected to commemorate those who served in both World Wars.
The Seymour Soldier’s Memorial Hospital was officially opened in May 1920 and was located in what was the former residence of Mr J.B. Bullen, a former manager of the Bank of Victoria. The hospital was funded by public subscription and leased to Matron L.C. Rutherford to treat ex-servicemen from World War One
In June 1951, over thirty years after it first opened, the hospital became a public community facility and plans were drawn for a new building. The new 28-bed facility opened in 1959 and was officially named the Seymour District Hospital. In 1965, it was renamed the Seymour District Memorial Hospital. At that time a six bed children’s ward was added.
|Address:||Brettouneux Street, Hospital, Seymour, 3660|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.018871|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||May-1920|
SEYMOUR DISTRICT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL