Neerim North Soldiers MemorialPrint Page
The Neerim North Soldiers' Memorial is a rough stone cairn erected to commemorate those from Neerim North who served in World War One. The plaque on the memorial is a replica of the honour roll which is held in the Neerim Junction Hall.
The cairn is on the site of the old memorial hall, which had been built in 1923 to commemorate returned soldiers and marked by magnificent trees. The hall had fallen into disrepair and was destroyed by a fire in 1981. The cairn was raised on money from the sale of the old Neerim North School building and was unveiled on April 10th 1983.
|Address:||Neerim North Road & Old Fumina Road, Neerim North, 3831|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.918585|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th April, 1983|
Past scholars of the
Neerim North State School
who enlisted for active service abroard