Meredith War MemorialPrint Page
Meredith War Memorial was erected in memory of those who served and died in World War One and World War Two.
The monument was first erected on the corner of Staughton and Wallace Streets, and then it was relocated to Wallace Street. It has been relocated again in March 2013 to the Meredith Memorial Hall.
At a public meeting in 1923, it was unanimously agreed to erect a memorial to the fallen soldiers of Meredith and districts. Mr J.J. Matheson or Moranghurk, Lethbridge , was elected President and Mrs Robert Grant of Willura, Meredith, Honorary Secretary and Treasurer.
The Argus, Melbourne, 3rd March 1923
|Address:||61 Staughton Street, Meredith Memorial Hall, Meredith, 3333|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.845327|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||1922|
Lest We Forget
[ Names ]
To the undying memory of the men of this district who served their King & gave their lives in the European War 1914-18. And in the World War 1939-45
[ Names ]