Meredith & District Memorial HallPrint Page
Commemorates those who served in World Wars One and Two.
The Meredith Mechanics Institute and Free Library was erected in 1906. At a meeting in 1946, a request was made to the Chief Secretary to change the name to the Soldiers Memorial Hall, and in correspondence from this date it was referred to as 'Soldiers Memorial Hall". However, the name on the building never changed. In December 1958, after major renovations, the Premier of Victoria, Mr. H.Bolte when opening the 'new look' hall officially renamed it the "Meredith & District Memorial Hall". The Honour rolls for these men hang in the hall.
(Information provided by Fay McFarlane, Secretary, Meredith History Interest Group Inc. 05-July-2013)
|Address:||61 Staughton Street, Meredith, 3333|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.845233|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
MEREDITH MEMORIAL HALL