www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Kaniva Memorial WallPrint Page Print this page

24-January-2016
24-January-2016

Photographs supplied by Roger Johnson

The Memorial Wall was erected in memory of those who served in World War One, World War Two, the Korean and Vietnam Wars.

The Memorial Wall is located on the site of the old Memorial Hall.  It was rededicated on the 11th November 1985 to replace the Memorial Hall which was erected on the 8th February 1923. The wall stands at the end of a paved circle behind a flagstaff and artillery gun. 

 

Location

Address:Progress Street, Band Park, Kaniva, 3419
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.377389
Long: 141.239975
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple
Link:http://vhd.heritage.vic.gov.au/vhd/…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Monday 11th November, 1985
Front Inscription

The Great War

To the Memory of
The Soldiers From The Shire Of
       Lawloit
Who Gave Their Lives For The Cause Of
Justice, Liberty And Humanity

[ Names ]

World War II
1939   1945

[ Names ]

Lest We Forget.

 

Left Side Inscription

This plaque was unveiled by Major General J. D. Stevenson, A.O., C.B.E., on the 11th November, 1985 at the re-dedication of this memorial to replace the Memorial Hall opened on 8th February, 1923 by A. N. David, State Secretary, R. S. & S. League

The funds being donated then by citizens of Shire of Lawloit

Right Side Inscription

Plaque :

Korean War 

1950 - 1953
Active Service

1953 - 1956
Peackeeping

Plaque :

Korea
[ Name ]

Vietnam
[ Name ]

Source: MA,RSLV,SKP,VWHI
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design