Great Western Memorial ObeliskPrint Page
The Great Western Memorial is a grey granite obelisk on a three-stepped bluestone base which commemorates the fallen and those who served in World War One. The obelisk also contains the names of those who served in the Boer War. The memorial was originally erected outside the Mechanics Institute in 1924 and relocated to the park in 1956.
|Address:||Western Highway & Paxton Street, Memorial Park, Great Western, 3377|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.153223|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||George Grey (Stawell )|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||April-1924|
In honor of the living, and the everlasting glory of the dead. WHO ENLISTED, FOUGHT, AND FELL IN THE GREAT WAR 1914 - 1918
BOER WAR 1899 1902 (Names)
Lest we forget (Names) Faithful unto death