Memorial RotundaPrint Page
Memorial is a concrete and copper rotunda and commemorates those from Fitzroy who served in World Wars One and Two.
The band rotunda was erected as a Peace Memorial and was opened by the Governor, The Earl of Stradbroke on the 29th August 1925. The rotunda was erected at a cost £1000 by the Peace Year Citizens Committee of Fitzroy. The Argus, 26th August 1925.
|Address:||St George`s Road, Edinburgh Gardens, Fitzroy North, 3068|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.786786|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Edward Twentyman|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||August-1925|
·· PEACE ·· MEMORIAL ERECTED BY THE FITZROY CITY COUNCIL AND THE PEACE YEAR (1918 - 1919) CITIZENS COMMITTEE IN HONOUR OF THE CITIZENS OF FITZROY WHO SERVED IN THE GREAT WAR 1914 1919. ENLISTED - 1453, WOUNDED - 521, KILLED - 219
ERECTED BY THE FITZROY CITY COUNCIL IN HONOUR OF THE CITIZENS OF FITZROY WHO SERVED IN WORLD WAR II 1939 - 1945