Dookie CenotaphPrint Page
Commemorates those who died or were killed in World Wars One and Two. The memorial cairn was originally unveiled on the 12th September 1937 by the Shepparton Shire President , Councillor E.P Hill and dedicated by the Reverend W Adams. The memorial tablet contained the names of 16 soldiers from the district who fell in the Great War. (The Argus,13th September 1937)
Monument characteristices :
Cairn of locally quarried stone with a low, concrete-capped wall on either side. It has a two-stepped concrete stone base and sits on a cement brick apron. It is dedicated to those who gave their lives in both World Wars.
|Address:||Baldock & Mary Streets, Dookie, 3646|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.3276|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 12th September, 1937|
THIS MEMORIAL IS ERECTED TO THE MEMORY OF THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES SERVING THE EMPIRE IN THE GREAT WARS 1914 - 1918 1939 - 1945
1914 - 1918
1939 - 1945
LEST WE FORGET