www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Connewarre & District Memorial HallPrint Page Print this page

Connewarre Memorial Hall : December 2013
Connewarre Memorial Hall : December 2013

Photographs supplied by Nancy Alford

A hall commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved.

The hall was opened in August 1976 and replaced the original hall which was erected to commemorate those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.

Councillor Blyth voiced his desire to see a fitting memorial erected to those who left this district, and have fallen in the fight for freedom, and suggested the erection of a public hall. The idea apparently was approved of, for at the close of the meeting one gentleman offered £50 towards that object, and another voiced his desire to present  a suitable block of land.
Geelong Advertiser, 13th December 1918.

Location

Address:Randles Road, Memorial Reserve, Connewarre, 3227
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.265226
Long: 144.398085
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 13th August, 1976
Front Inscription

        This Plaque
Marks The Official Opening
             Of The
CONNEWARRE AND DISTRICT
    MEMORIAL HALL 
             By
The Hon. Alan J. Hunt, M.L.C.,
Minister For Local Government
August 13. 1976    Cr. A. L. Dean JP  
                               Mayor

 

Source: MA,SKP
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design