Charlton War MemorialPrint Page
Charlton War Memorial was originally erected to commemorate the soldiers of Charlton who lost their lives in World War One. A marble tablet was added to the memorial at a later date to commemorate those who lost their lives in World War Two. The Charlton War Memorial is a white marble Digger statue on granite obelisk that has four wings at the base. The memorial was unveiled in 1923 by the Acting Premier, Sir William McPherson.
|Address:||High Street, Charlton, 3525|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.267884|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 23rd June, 1923|
IN MEMORY OF THE SOLDIERS OF CHARLTON AND DISTRICT WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THE EMPIRE DURING THE GREAT WAR 1914-1919
( bottom plaque)
ERECTED BY THE CITIZENS OF CHARLTON AND DISTRICT IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO PAID THE SUPREME SACRIFICE WORLD WAR 2. 1939-1945 (Names) LEST WE FORGET