Blackburn War MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved. Built after World War One, the monument originally stood on the corner of Whitehorse and Railway Roads.
It was moved to Morton Park on 20 April 1969.
Monument characteristics :
A grey granite obelisk on a single stepped bluestone base on a concrete platform
|Address:||Central Road, Morton Park, Blackburn, 3130|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.821001|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
For God King and Country 1914 - 1919.
ERECTED BY THE BLACKBURN RESIDENTS As a Tribute TO THE MEMORY OF THEIR BRAVE MEN WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR.
Lest we Forget
Commemorating those who served and those who paid the supreme sacrifice for freedom in :
Korea 1950 - 1953
Malaya 1955 - 1965
South East Asia 1964 - 1966
Vietnam 1962 - 1972
Lest We Forget
IN MEMORY OF THE FALLEN
WORLD WAR 2. 1939-45.
[ Names ]
Dedicated to those who served with the Australian Defence Forces in peacekeeping and peace making operations/missions, to preserve world peace. From 1947 onwards