Rye Park Memorial HallPrint Page
The Rye Park Welcome Home Committee was responsible for raising funds for the memorial hall through sports and various methods. The hall was opened in 1923 and cost £1,600.
It houses a German machine gun which was allotted to the town in 1920 as a war trophy and originally kept inside a shop.
|Address:||Yass Street, Rye Park, 2586|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.520686|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||March-1923|
RYE PARK MEMORIAL HALL
Erected By A Grateful People
To Perpetuate The Memory Of
Those Who Served In The Great War.
This Stone Was Laid December 6th 1922 By
HUGH MAIN, M.L.A.
1914 - 1918
1939 - 1945
RYE PARK WAR MEMORIAL
To Commemorate Those
Who Served In The Armed
Forces Of World War II
This Stone Was Laid November 14th 1953
By THOMAS PERCEVAL ESQ.