www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pokolbin Public School Memorial GatesPrint Page Print this page

06-June-2015
06-June-2015

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
Pokolbin Public School Memorial Gates were erected at the former school in memory of those who served in both World Wars. At the unveiling of the gates, memorial trees were also planted in memory of the soldiers. 

Visitors from many parts of the north attended the ceremony at Pokolbin public school on Saturday afternoon of the dedication of the memorial gates and memorial avenue of trees in memory of the men who have enlisted from the district in both wars. This small district has an excellent record. There were 24 enlistments in the first war, and 38 in the last war. Mr. Sonberg, headmaster, extended a welcome on behalf of the Progress Association. Rev. Hayes dedicated the gates, and Rev. Bramford dedicated the avenue of trees which lead from the gates of the school entrance.  Mr. Dawkins, of the Salvation Army, conducted the service. The official opening of the gates was performed by the President of the Cessnock branch of the Returned Soldiers' League, Mr. P. Farnham.
The Cessnock Eagle and South Maitland Recorder (NSW),
6 July 1948.
 

Location

Address:126 McDonalds Road, Community Hall and Rural Fire Service, Pokolbin, 2320
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.796303
Long: 151.282479
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple
Link:http://www.warmemorialsregister.nsw…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 3rd July, 1948
Left Side Inscription
HONOUR ROLL 
(Names) 
Right Side Inscription
HONOUR ROLL 
(Names) 
Source: NRWM, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design