North Sydney War MemorialPrint Page
The North Sydney War Memorial is constructed of yellow trachyte stone decorated with bronze and brass lettering, wreaths and plaques. The memorial was originally erected to commemorate those who fell in World War One but now honours the fallen in all wars and conflicts.
The War Memorial foundation stone was laid by the Governor - General. Lord Forster on the 24th January 1924 with the unveiling of the memorial performed by Lord Stonehaven on the 10th October 1926.
The Sydney Morning Herald , 2nd June & 9th October 1926.
|Address:||Ridge Street, St Leonards Park, North Sydney, 2060|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.832977|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Frank Thorp (Peddle, Thorp & Walker Architects)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th October, 1926|
IN MEMORY OF
FELL IN THE
1914 TO 1919
1939 TO 1945
LEST WE FORGET
HATH NO MAN
THAT HE GIVE
HIS LIFE FOR